Ivory Ban/CITES Information ~ We support conservation.
- John Bennett/CoP17/Dec 2016 reports
- Dec7th2016 EndangeredSpecies Webinar
- Dec7th2016 EndangeredSpecies Slideshow Only
- July 6, 2016 Near-Total U.S. Ban on African Elephant Ivory Trade
- Latest June 2016 USFWS: De Minimis exemption mentioned
- A musician’s report: getting CITES passport: Agony and Ivory: The Ultimate Guide to Ivory for Musicians (PDF: if link broken: AgonyandIvoryPDF)
- Strad Magazine article: What’s the Alternative?
- Forbes article: Punishing Ivory Owners Rather Than Saving Elephants
- AFVBM president Yung Chin interviewed WQXR: Good for Elephants-Headache for Musicians
- AFM President: a plea for an exemption for musicians: AFMTestimony
- A musician describes process of application for a Musical Instrument Passport: Passport Application Description
- Musical Instrument Passport Form: link here: Passport Form 3-200-23
- Ivory Ban FAQs: Includes links to original May 15, 2014 Director’s Order 210 and June 26, 2014 revisions: Ivory Ban Q and A
- Want to express concern to your Senator or Representative? League of American Orchestras Action Tips