Please read this before calling Sotheby’s.
Check this page for information on what you can do and who to contact.
Ivory Ban Information ~ We support conservation.
- Strad Magazine article: What’s the Alternative?
- Forbes article: Punishing Ivory Owners Rather Than Saving Elephants
- AFVBM president Yung Chin interviewed WQXR: Good for Elephants-Headache for Musicians
- AFM President: a plea for an exemption for musicians: AFMTestimony
- A musician describes process of application for a Musical Instrument Passport: Passport Application Description
- Musical Instrument Passport Form: link here: Passport Form 3-200-23
- Ivory Ban FAQs: Includes links to original May 15, 2014 Director’s Order 210 and June 26, 2014 revisions: Ivory Ban Q and A
- Want to express concern to your Senator or Representative? League of American Orchestras Action Tips
Looking for a violin or bow maker?
Please browse our Members Directory to locate someone near you.
Interested in becoming a member?
See Applying for Membership for information about becoming a member of the federation.